Saturday, May 3, 2008

{ life on hold }


This is my darling husband (aka shipper boy) shipping out BOXES of my stuff to NYC for the National Stationery Show that is less than 2 weeks away! So far we've shipped over 347 lbs of STUFF back to NYC. That's like 3 of ME...

Anyway, while I've been getting ready for LobotoME's NSS debut, I feel like I've put a lot of my LIFE on hold (I think Alli would agree). I go to bed about 3 hours after my husband and he & I trade off care of Sam all day long, so we haven't really seen each other, or talked about anything other than shipping logistics (and certainly have not had sex - OMG, can I say that on a blog?!?!?) in ages. My house hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I spend more time talking to my printing company than I do any of my friends or family (with the exception of Alli - my partner in crime & design - she & I skype each other everyday asking each other misc. tradeshow questions, like, "How exactly do they expect us to FIRE PROOF a booth made out of paper at a PAPER show!?!?" and "What shoes are you wearing, are flip flops a no-no?" (We live in Colorado - our mountain casual attire of Patagonia tank tops, shorts & flip flops, doesn't quite cut it in the fashion capital of the US.) Anyway, I am finally feeling like there is a light at the end of the NSS tunnel. Having said all that, and knowing what a LIST maker I am, I have now started my list of Post-NSS things to do...it includes such things as work on garden, send thank you notes from Sam's bday (yes, that was in March, I'm a slacker), do about 27 loads of laundry, lots more YOGA, clean our house, take a really long shower & really shave my legs, clean the garage, get patio furniture out of shed, hire window cleaner, catch up on accounting, making summer travel plans, etc. And of course dreaming of getting enough sales that I can send my tired body here for a few days of R&R.

2 comments:

Alli Bozeman said...

I need to put "shave my legs" on my list too. Except I've forgotten how. I will now admit on a national blog that I'm a waxer. And lately ... well, I just haven't gotten around to making an appointment. {so you can imagine what my legs look like}

LobotoME said...

its good to know that I'm not the only one that has let {self-care} drop off the radar the last few weeks of show prep! J :)