Friday, May 23, 2008

Bite of the Big Apple

Ahh. Florent. I am happy I was able to experience this place before the end. I suppose the gentrification of the Meat Packing District has gone a little too far and is causing the end of Restaurant Florent.

It is hard to pick favorites when one small area can offer so much good food, but I am going to have to go with Extra Virgin as my favorite meal this trip. The service was friendly, the atmosphere was european, quaint and happening. And the food of course was mmmm mmmm good. May I suggest the pistachio crusted goat cheese salad?

Don't know why I was surprised to see kumamoto oysters on the menu at Soho House, but I had to get some.

And last, but certainly not least, I must mention Zampa. A great little spot with great service and tapas size smaller plates for sharing the fabulous flavors. A great selection of wines as well. A perfect end to a great day.

No comments: